30 Reasons to Bank with Somerset Trust
We're glad you're here and
want to tell you more about ourselves.
We invite you to join our family of customers.
- People - We're your neighbors and friends. We're also a team of banking professionals in a community bank that's small enough to know our customers' needs, yet large enough to provide specialized financial services to meet those needs.
- Community Commitment - Somerset Trust Company is committed to reinvesting in the community to make the quality of life ever better for local residents. It is our goal to serve the best interest of our customers and the community.
- Customer Service - We are committed to meeting the financial needs of our customers, combining personal service with the efficiencies of technology for convenience and less cost.
- Extended Hours - When you asked for longer hours, we heard you. We have adjusted our hours to better serve your needs, including Saturdays.
- People First Call Center - When you call us, you speak to a customer service specialist who can answer most questions immediately without transferring your call.
- STC OnLine Banking - With Internet access, you will be able to see your current financial status on deposit, loan, and trust accounts. View your account history, transfer funds, verify deposits, and even print out a check image when you need one. You have instant access to bank statements and can routinely see if checks have cleared.
- STC OnLine BillPay - Convenient, easy to use and free. From your checking account you can pay any company or person, or send a gift check. You can even send money directly to another person’s bank account.
- STC Mobile Banking & Deposit - Available to your whenever, wherever you have your smartphone. Check your personal accounts, transfer money and deposit checks - all with the convenience of your smartphone.
- Checking Accounts - Practical, affordable and even free accounts are available. Whether it’s a personal or business checking account, we invite you to compare us with another bank. From a No Frills Free Account to Personal Plus Interest Checking, we have an account for you.
- Direct Deposit - Minimum balance fees go away on a Regular Checking Account if you have a payroll, social security or other recurring benefit check directly deposited to a Somerset Trust checking account.
- Overdraft Protection Options - Mistakes happen. When they do, we have several options for your peace of mind.
- STC CheckCard - Use the card to access ATMs or make purchases anywhere you see the MasterCard symbol. It’s convenient and free.
- Business Services - Somerset Trust Company is committed to meeting the needs of area businesses, many of which are closely held and entrepreneurial in spirit. We are dedicated to delivering a high level of quality personal service combined with the efficiencies of technology.
- ATMs - Our extensive network of ATMs throughout the region makes getting cash more convenient when and where you need it. Use of Somerset Trust ATMs by Somerset Trust cardholders is free.
- Money Market Savings Accounts - A perfect place for higher balance savings, to use in conjunction with your checking account or to hold in between investments. The tiered interest rate structure on these accounts means the more you have in the account, the more you earn. Limited transfers and check writing options are available.
- CDs - We offer interest rates that are consistently competitive in our market. Various terms and rates are available. Even more important is the personal attention we give to your savings plan.
- User Friendly Statements - Monthly statements give you an organized, concise view of your financial accounts. We even give you a free binder to make it easier for you to store them. Tired of paper? Try our free eStatement through OnLine Banking. Same as a paper statement only you receive it electronically.
- Easy Access Loan - Get money when you need it, the way you want it with this personal line of credit. The Somerset Trust Easy Access Loan Account is an unsecured revolving line of credit which you may access by check, debit card or STC OnLine Banking.
- Special Personal Loan Rate Reduction - Loan accounts with automatic payment transfer from another Somerset Trust account see a one-half percent reduction in their interest rate. That can save you money, plus it’s convenient and efficient.
- Mortgages and Home Equity Loans - Our mortgage specialists are able to match your lending needs with a competitive mortgage or home equity program, guiding you step by step through the mortgage process.
- Business Loans - We recognize the importance of small and mid-sized companies to our local economy. Our commercial lenders are specialists in addressing the credit needs of business owners.
- Automatic Transfer for Payments - Make your Somerset Trust payments without lifting a finger. With your authorization, we'll deduct the amount from your checking or savings account to automatically pay your loan or credit card payment at Somerset Trust each month.
- Credit Cards - We manage our own credit card operation which means dealing with local people giving you personal service. You can choose from MasterCard PayPass and Visa, including a corporate card. For each use of the Somerset Trust Visa Gold Community Credit Card, a donation is made to The Community Foundation which benefits non-profit organizations in our region. We also offer CASH BACK rewards with our MasterCard PayPass card.
- Trust Department - For retirement accounts, estate planning expertise, employee benefit plans or trust account management, our Trust Department specialists will help you achieve your goals.
We want you to know:
Investment products and services provided by Somerset Trust Company:
Are Not FDIC Insured
|May Lose Value, including possible loss of principal
||Are Not a Bank Deposit or Bank Obligation
||Are Not Guaranteed by the Bank
- Senior Coordinator - Our senior coordinator is available to meet one-on-one with our senior customers. We organize escorted tours, seminars, an annual customer appreciation picnic, and send a quarterly newsletter. Ask about our AARP Drivers Safety Program.
- Special Events - We try to make banking interesting and fun for you throughout the year. That's why we are proud sponsors of community events such as fireworks and parades, and special celebrations inside the bank, such as Arbor Day, an annual photography contest, and our century-plus birthday parties.
- Education Programs - Young people are the future in our communities. Our staff visits classrooms in schools throughout the year to help students of all ages learn more about banking and the responsible management of money and credit. We actively support Junior Achievement programs and participate in National Teach Children to Save and Get Smart About Credit programs.
- Award-winning Community Bank - We’ve received national and state recognition for our commitment to community service, historic building preservation projects, and our electronic banking network. For at least five (5) consecutive years, we have been chosen as one of the Top 100 Best Places to Work in PA.
- Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow - Somerset Trust began as a community bank in 1889 when a group of businessmen realized the emerging need for a local bank if their community was to continue to thrive. That independent community vision still exists today. In fact, we believe there is an increasingly stronger place than ever before for a community bank. The more than 200 people employed by Somerset Trust are committed to a common mission – to provide excellent personal service and financial products to customers, and to contribute to the overall growth and economic development of the region.
- www.somersettrust.com - To see what’s new at the bank, to access your accounts online, to check rates or apply for loans, visit our web site often. It’s a resource for adults and students with useful calculators, links and information.