Student Advantage Checking Account
$25 opening deposit required.
No minimum balance requirement once account is opened.
No limit to number of checks written.
Free use of Somerset Trust ATMs when you use your STC CheckCard.
No fee for money orders.
eStatements - conveniently access your statements in STC Anywhere.
STC Anywhere, mobile and tablet banking with person to person payments options, alerts, and more.
Other fees may apply. A complete listing of the fees can be found in the Account Fee Schedule.
- Ineligible Accounts and Limitations. Available only for eligible checking/draft account that are maintained in good standing as defined above. Savings Type Accounts, Money Market Accounts, Public Fund/Charitable Organization Accounts, Certain Trust Accounts, Student Minor Accounts, and Other Minor Accounts (not of legal age) are not eligible for this service. We may, in our sole option and discretion, limit the number of your accounts eligible for the Overdraft Protection Service to one account per household and/or one account per taxpayer identification number.
- Eligible Account Types: The account types that are eligible for the Overdraft Protection Service are: Personal/Regular Checking; Convenient Checking; Student Advantage Checking; Horizon 50; Personal Interest Checking; Personal Plus Interest Checking.
- Eligible Transaction Types: Each NSF transaction initiated for payment against your checking account(s) may be approved/paid by us against and up to your assigned Overdraft Protection Service Limit, including our fees. The eligible transaction types will include, without limitation; Checks, ACH (Electronic Items) or other electronic funds transfers, and other withdrawal requests.
- You May Always Opt-Out: You may choose at any time to not participate in the Overdraft Protection Service by notifying one of our Customer Service Representatives who will explain what this (“Opt Out”) means, and the potential consequences, for you.
- If You Need Help: Of course, overdrafts should not be used to pay ordinary or routine expenses and you should not rely on overdrafts as a means to cover these expenses. If at any time you feel you need help with your financial obligations please contact one of our Customer Service Representatives at (814) 443-9200 in Somerset, (814) 262-4800 in Johnstown or toll free 1-800-972-1651.
- *Optional Overdraft Service does not constitute an actual or implied agreement between you and the Bank. Nor does it constitute an actual or implied obligation of or by the Bank. This service represents a purely discretionary courtesy or privilege that the Bank may provide to you from time to time and which may be withdrawn or withheld by us at any time without prior notice or reason or cause.
WHAT DOES SOMERSET TRUST COMPANY DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL
|Why?||Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.|
||The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:|
|When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.|
|How?||All financial companies need to share customers' personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers' personal information; the reasons Somerset Trust Company chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.|
|Reasons we can share your personal information||Does Somerset Trust Company share?||Can you limit this sharing?|
|For our everyday business purposes - such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus||Yes||No|
|For our marketing purposes - to offer our products and services to you||Yes||No|
|For joint marketing with other financial companies||Yes||No|
|For our affiliates' everyday business purposes - information about your transactions and experiences||No||We don't share|
|For our affiliates' everyday business purposes - information about your creditworthiness||No||We don't share|
|For nonaffiliates to market to you||No||We don't share|
|Questions?||Call 814-443-9200 or Toll-free at (800) 972-1651 or go to www.somersettrust.com|
|What We Do|
|How does Somerset Trust Company protect my personal information?||To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. We also maintain other physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect this information and we limit access to information to those employees for whom access is appropriate.|
|How does Somerset Trust Company collect my personal information?||We collect your personal information, for example, when you|
|We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.|
|Why can't I limit all sharing?||
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing. See below for more on your rights under state law.
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
|Other Important Information|
For Alaska, Illinois, Maryland and North Dakota Customers. We will not share personal information with nonaffiliates either for them to market to you or for joint marketing - without your authorization.